This workshop is a chance for developers and IT Pros to come together and learn the architecture skills necessary to design solutions for Microsoft Azure.
The classroom experience for this workshop is high-level review of the pre-requisite materials students are expected to have completed in advance.
Then, students will assemble into groups to work on several real-world design case studies to design solutions for the Microsoft Azure platform.
Table of Contents:
• Design Principles for Cloud Infrastructure and Development
o Common patterns for cloud applications
o Design techniques for performance, resiliency and scalability
• Design App Service Web Apps
o Features and capabilities of Azure Web Apps, Azure SQL Database, ARM.
o Design techniques for business continuity.
• Designing Application Storage & Data Access
o Features and capabilities of Azure Storage, Mobile Services, other Azure storage options.
o Design techniques.
• Securing Resources
o Techniques for designing secure solutions.
• Design Microsoft Azure Infrastructure & Networking
o Azure networking and infrastructure features and capabilities
o Design techniques for distributed applications.
• Designing an Advanced Application
o Advanced Azure platform capabilities:
Running compute-intensive applications
Other advanced features.
• Designing a Management and Monitoring Strategy
o Techniques for configuring, monitoring, and continuous updating of Azure applications.
• Designing a Business Continuity Strategy
oTechniques for designing backup and recovery solutions.